At Williams since 1968
Office: Thompson Chemistry Lab 112 Lab: Bronfman Science Center 264-265 (413) 597-2184
Areas of ExpertiseGeneration and characterization of unusual radicals; fluorescence quenching of chlorophyll molecules.
Scholarship/Creative WorkSelected Publications
- "Singlet Quenching of Chlorophyll a and Pheophytin a by 2,4,7-trinitro-9-(fluoroenylidene)malononitrile: Influence of Ground-state Complexation," L. V. Natarajan, M. Thandi Buthelezi, Laura R. Lim, and Raymond Chang, Chem. Phys. Letts. 197, 145 (1992).
- "Protodediazoniation of Aryldiazonium Fluoroborates by Dimethylformamide," J. H. Markgraf, R. Chang, J. R. Cort, J. L. Durant, Jr., M. Finkelstein, A. W. Gross, M. H. Lavyne, W. M. Moore, R. C. Petersen, and S. D. Ross, Tetrahedron, 53, 10009 (1997).
- "Primary Kinetic Isotope Effect - A Lecture Demonstration," R. Chang, The Chemical Educator,Volume 2, Issue 3 (1997).
- "Illustrating Chemical Concepts with Coin Flipping," R. Chang and J. W. Thoman, Jr., Chem. Educator, 6, 1-2 (2001).
- “Lecture Demonstration of Fluorescence and Phosphorescence,” David P. Richardson and Raymond Chang, Chemical Educator, 12, 1 (2007).
- PHYSICAL SCIENCE, Jerry S. Faughn, Ramond Chang, and Jon Turk, Saunders College Publishing, Philadelphia, 1995.
- CyberChem (a CD-ROM for general chemistry), M. Ashour-Abdalla and Raymond Chang, W. C. Brown/McGraw-Hill, Inc., 1997.
- PHYSICAL CHEMISTRY FOR THE CHEMICAL AND BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES, Raymond Chang, University Science Books, Sausalito, CA, 2000.
- PHYSICAL CHEMISTRY FOR THE BIOSCIENCES, Raymond Chang, University Science Books, Sausalito, CA, 2005.
- GENERAL CHEMISTRY, Raymond Chang, fourth edition, McGraw-Hill Publishing Company, Dubuque, IA, 2006.
- CHEMISTRY, ninth edition, Raymond Chang, McGraw-Hill Publishing Company, Dubuque, IA, 2007.